Friday, March 6, 2009

Who likes Facebook anyway...

I know that it has been awhile since I last posted, but I just didn't seem to have anything to say until today. That and realizing that it has been awhile and figured why not. So, to those of you following the few posts that I have up will notice, I don't usually resort to mindless ranting. Today will be different and that is exactly what you are getting today...a mindless rant.

Facebook, what a discovery for me!!! I have created a page for myself about a month ago. I am still learning all the stuff it has. So far, I have added "friends" to my profile, put up some "Flair", added a Bible verse-a-day, and some other things. It is truly amazing, first there was "MySpace, and now Facebook. Networking and meeting new people on the Internet is actually pretty cool with these two sites as tools. I know, you are probably thinking, Duh!! I will admit that Facebook is a new thing for me, but I do enjoy it. I just have a hard time with all the "stuff" that is available to send to one of your friends. I do not mind having the ability to chat with a friend or family member without downloading instant messaging software on to my computer, but the sending of virtual gifts to me is a bit much.

The one thing that I do like to receive is Pieces of Flair. These things allow me to express my interests or opinions to anyone looking at my profile. I don't even have to spend time typing anything out, how easy is that? I have noticed that for every Piece of Flair you receive or send, you get 3 Flair credits to add to your own profile. There is one thing that is annoying -- the constant barrage of virtual gifts that someone can send you. Don't get me wrong, they can be fun, but when a friend sends them constantly each and every day it can get old. Enough is enough already. Oh, another pet peeve is how can one person be a fan of a whole gammit of things. I can see being a fan of a football team, or even a baseball or basketball team, oh, and even the occasional TV show or Movie. But for heaven's sake, some people want to be a fan to practically everything under the sun, how can that be? LOL!! Just kidding, I can see how it can happen, you get sucked into the browsing thing, then you see that one topic that reaches out to you. So, you think, I like that, hmmm I want to be a fan to that too!! Next thing you know, you've become a fan to 5 or 6 different things for that one day alone...LOL...too funny!

Oh well, this was going to be a short one. Just wanted to post so anyone following this isn't thinking that I don't do anything with it anymore...lol! I do, just whenever the mood strikes me to post. One of these days I will talk about an online game I play...WoW!! But not too much, Karen doesn't like it and thinks that whoever play it are computer geeks...well, I guess if the shoe fits...lol!!!

God Bless Us All,

Bob

No comments: