Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Year in Review

Well, another year over...

There have been some good and some bad for us this year. Anyone that has been reading this the last few months would know this. It does seem that it is mostly bad. But no matter what, the Lord has been with us through it all and as we all know "what does not kill me will only make me stronger". I think a recap of the year for my own good is needed, especially since I didn't start blogging until midway through the year. So here goes...

Back in April, I put in a bid for two different supervisor positions, didn't get either one. I also did my reserve two weeks during this time.

June, Dominique (our 11-year old Dalmatian) spent a week in a veterinary emergency hospital to recover from HGE (sorry not going to go into what it is, you can look it up on WebMD.com or just Google it). That same week Karen and I lost Molly (our 16-year old Lab/Chow mix) we believe her heart just gave out and she just didn't have the strength to hold herself up any longer either.


Hmm, July, a happy month...First of all, this month was our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Hurray for us!!!! I for one do not know how she puts up with me. I give her a lot of credit for that and Love her dearly for it, too!!! Second, Molly left an empty spot in our hearts and home with her passing. Whether you believe it or not, Dominique was also acting mopey lately, too. We decided to go to the SPCA to pick out another dog. We welcomed Nellie, supposedly a Lab/Beagle mix, into our home. She is the sweetest dog I have ever had. As a quick side note, Dominique occasionally would be grouchy and nip and snarl at her and Nellie just takes it all in and continues acting "happy go lucky" as if nothing happened. We definitely got a sweet one with her.
August, I changed shifts to try to work with Pierce (the guy that got one of the supervisor jobs) to improve my versatility in the plant. I have sort of been pigeon-holed on one machine and didn't have much experience with other areas. I hope to changing that soon.

October brought us to Raleigh, N.C to visit spend time with friends in our travel group with this adoption. As you have seen from my post on October 27th that we all had a good time. My dad's wife, Sheila, had heart surgery and pulled through and we are very thankful of her recovery.

November, we had Thanksgiving dinner at my mother and father-in-laws' house, here in Sumter, S.C. Karen's aunt and uncle from Tennessee came down and were here also. It was good to see them again.

December was not a good month for us. We were dealing with Karen's dad's passing and trying to get through Christmas together. It was good to be with family and I think I can speak for everyone in saying we missed Mr. Billy. He didn't say too much very often, but we definitely missed his quiet presence. It wasn't the same without him.

Mr. Billy, you are missed by us all!!!

Well, that was a very brief synopsis of my 2008. I am hoping and praying for a blessed 2009. I want to wish you (if there is anyone reading this) a blessed New Year too!!!

Have a Happy New Year in 2009!!!

God Bless us all,

Bob

No comments: